Ersin Tas

Saturday, May 6, 2017

Fretless Guitar / A brief summary of links


I walked into my luthier's work place one day and suddenly said "I want a fretless guitar".

I do not why I said it nor what pushed me to say it. It may be because I have listened this album of Erkan Oğur a countless times, and also have watched Spanish Improvisations of Cenk Erdoğan, whom I follow on social media regularly.( Yes instead of stalking ex's I follow bearded men playing guitars) Also some videos of  Sinan Cem Eroğlu, who I am taking guitar lessons from now, may have pushed me to take on fretless guitar lessons.

Now that I can barely play a few songs and I can jam around with few chord alterations but I am nowhere near to the artists I am following. I hope one day that I will be able to master the instrument to arrange and play any song I want on fretless guitar. It is indeed a beautiful instrument. Also a side note; you cannot learn it off the internet. It's that difficult. If you are interested you should contact the artists and request them to teach you the fretless otherwise it will take an immense amount of time.

Here's my favorite videos;







Cenk Erdoğan


Gilad Weiss



Sinan Cem Eroğlu



Erkan Oğur

No comments:

Post a Comment